Who are we?
Adastral Women in Tech is a network based in Suffolk, supporting and celebrating women, minorities and LGBTQ+ in STEM. We are a trans- and non-binary-friendly group advocating for gender equality in technology and wider STEM fields.
Purpose of the Group
- To create awareness of STEM career opportunities for young women.
- To increase networking and engagement between professionals working for companies in the technology sector with a focus on businesses based at Adastral Park.
- To have an all-inclusive supportive network that can provide advice, opportunities for mentoring and access to technology based events and WiT opportunities.
How are we going to achieve our goals?
- Partnering with and encouraging Suffolk-based businesses to get involved with events, work experience and insight days, careers fairs and virtual learning opportunities.
- Hosting events such as knowledge calls and coding clubs to address important topics and share technical knowledge.
- Hosting in-person and virtual networking events and community engagement meetings to discuss new ideas, upcoming events and what we as a network do.
- Having an active Slack community, LinkedIn, Instagram and Twitter page to share tips and advice, answer anyone’s questions and advertise the latest events and what’s coming up.
If you would like to get involved please email email@example.com